Wednesday 1 October 2008

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a girl of wealth and taste

and I've been around for a long, long year. And this year has been an exciting year for us girls (Gracie and Stevie, hope you don't mind that I'm talking for you as well), filled with good music, groovy parties and handsome boys. But today we got some sad news: one of our favourite bands, Dirty Pretty Things, has decided to call it a day. Horrible. So, in their honour, we decided to start this blog and name it after one of their finest songs, Truth Begins, from their splendid album "Romance at Short Notice". It's been a long time since I've listened to a new album and not been able to stop listening. But now Carl has decided to be a fucking movie-star, so what to do?
Anyhow, I will stop mourning now and tell you about the five albums I've been listening to the most this last month, cause I know that you'd kill for that information. And I love doing lists, so you'll get more of those, I promise.

First, of course: Dirty Pretty Things - Romance at short notice. It's pure sex, pure genius, pure soul - it has everything.

Second; Jackson Browne - For Everyman. Seriously, how can this album just show up from my collection, begging for my attention and then spin for at least three times a day? Is there a secret message in it that fucks with my brain and takes over my soul? I don't know, but I love it.

Third: Glasvegas - Glasvegas. I don't always understand these glaswegians, but when I do I think it's fantastic. And when I don't I just make up words in my head, it works fine.

Fourth: Kings of Leon - Only by the night. If DPT's album is pure sex this is pure SEX. Not their best one, but definitely good enough for me.

Fifth: Roses Kings Castles - Roses Kings Castles. Babyshambles' drummer Adam Ficek's solo-album and it sounds like it's straight out of the 60's! Very dry sound, very lo-fi and very catchy melodies.

So, just FYI, this is NOT a typical Debbie-list, it's not that I have a thing for pretty boys with a lovely accent. Just so you know.

/Debbie

No comments: